Sunday, May 30, 2010

Side table Makeover

This weekend was a glorious weekend! I had plans to do so much BUT it was so beautiful out I lay in the pool most of the weekend! BUT on Sunday I did makeover the side table for the living room. It didn't take long at all but wow was it HOT outside!!! It took longer only because in between coats of paint I had to hop into the pool. :-)

Just a reminder, this is the table before hand. (don't you love the blue trunk in the background? We stole that from my parents place, they were going to throw it out... we plan to use it in our shed to hold all of our gardening stuff and pool stuff so the mice won't get into the stuff!!)



First I sanded down the entire table with 100 grit sand paper. Then 2 coats of primer and 1 coat of paint later it looked like this.


I was VERY happy with it!! NOW the plan was to decoupage the top of the table with the same material as the curtains. But after I got the table in the living room I decided I liked it just the way it was! SO for now I'm leaving it, I may find something in the future that I want to add to the top but for now I like it!!!
This week I am working on my light fixture for the living room, it looks FANTASTIC!!!! I'm VERY excited to share it... but not till it is completely done!

No comments:

Post a Comment