Sunday, June 13, 2010

Fab Finds: Blue Jars and Wall Hooks!

We spent the weekend away at my parents cottage. It was a great relaxing weekend. Both of my brothers and sister-in laws were up there too so it was a full house! But it was a lot of fun! I hadn't expected to do any home projects at all but when my younger brother and sister in law decided to drive into town to go look at the antique shops I thought HEY why not!!! It was raining anyway so it was good to get out. In Lakefield there are many cute little antique shops, some more expensive than others. We stopped at one that I love going into because its a cluttered mess! You can literally stand in one spot for about an hour and everywhere you look you'll keep seeing something new! Its crazy! I had no intentions of buying anything but just went along for the ride. Then I came across these OLD Crown jars... IN BLUE glass!!! After starring at them for far too long and thinking they would be pricey (some of the others in the store were about $20 per jar) I read on the bottom they were only $5 each! SCORE!!!!!! I also picked up a great blue glass tall container that will be perfect for oil! As you can probably guess these are for the kitchen!



As you can see they need a little bit of cleaning!!! I just love that they are hand blown glass jars! you can see the bubbles in them!

Then while rummaging through piles and piles of stuff I came across a box of hooks! Aren't these adorable!!! I picked up 5 for $6! YEAH! I plan on hanging 3 behind the door in the bathroom and 2 in the 3rd bedroom on the back of the door. They are super cute!


That was it for my fab finds this weekend!!! Hope everyone had a good weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I like jars! They remind me of the east coast, like hurricane candles and all that. In highschool my mom had a collection of cobalt blue bottles in our house. You probably don't remember that though!

    ReplyDelete