Tuesday, December 7, 2010

DIY Christmas Ornament and Update on Projects

First I'd like to apologize for my serious slacking lately! For the past 2-3 weeks I've been EXHAUSTED and all I want to do is sleep when I have a spare moment, its all part of being pregnant. Plus we've been super busy on the weekends so it has lead to no progress on the projects that we are trying to finish up!!! Hopefully this weekend we will have time to finish up the small things in the basement bathroom so that the tiling guy can come out next week and get that finished up for us. If I didn't mention it before we have opted not to do the tiling ourselves... if we were just tiling a floor we may have taken on the project ourselves. BUT since neither one of us has tiled before we thought it best not to tackle a shower/ceiling/walls and floor tile job! AHH A neighbour down the street is out of work and guess what he tiles!! So we are going to hire him to do it because we know he will get it done quickly AND if something goes wrong we know where he lives.. MUAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHAA (evil laugh) HAHAHAHAH ok now I'm laughing!! Anyway so we're hoping we can get him out next week because then we can hopefully get the basement back in some order before Christmas. We have come to accept that the basement bathroom will not be finished before Christmas as we are booked up on weekends until then. But that's ok with me. I would like the basement in some order though before then. Once the tiling is done the rest of the work is not as messy!


ANYWAY speaking of Christmas (I still have to decorate the inside of the house... BUT I'm not doing that until the mess in the basement is cleaned up!)! I came across this super cute DIY ornament from How About Orange today that I am totally going to test out when I go home tonight so stay tuned for an update!!!

I think this would look super cute hanging on the tree or just around the house in general! Don't think of me as cheap if you get a bunch of these for Christmas... hahahahahhaha!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment