Monday, April 11, 2011

Super Cute Dress Plans


I have been incredibly unmotivated to do ANY house projects right now. It is probably because the weather has been fantastic lately and during Norah's naps the last thing I want to do is to hang out in the dark basement and paint!! With the warm weather I have been dreaming of summer and with that dreaming of Norah's summer outfits up at the cottage! I came across this SUPER CUTE dress over at Made By Rae and now plan to make it!!
Isn't it super adorable! I went searching for my box of fabric (which I know is overflowing) and alas remembered that it is under the bed in the spare bedroom behind all of the flooring that we have yet to install! ahhhhh there was no way I was lugging all of that out and putting it back just to find fabric!! BUT I did remember I had previously pulled out some fabric for Norah's room that I never ended up using and it will be PERFECT!! This butterfly fabric is going to look super cute on her this summer!
Now all I have to do is make the dress. The patterns on the website are for a newborn or a 3 year old so I had to adjust the pattern for a 9 month old. Since Norah is already almost grown out of her 3-6 month clothes (at 7 weeks) I guessed she would be in 9 month old clothes by the summer and adjusted the pattern based on a 9 month onesie I have. Tomorrows plan is to cut and start working on this dress tomorrow during her nap. Maybe if I feel up to it I'll start tonight!! :-) I plan on using just the butterfly fabric for this dress, I do have to pick up piping and bias tape still but I can do that tomorrow morning. If I have enough extra material I may even try to make a matching hat or bloomers!

1 comment: