Monday, June 6, 2011

Shazam... Transformation



Now I can take no credit for any of this. To be totally honest I haven't done a lot around the house lately. Its just been so nice outside that we've been spending a lot of time outdoors and little time indoors. Which means the house is barely clean (its actually pretty gross right now) let alone new/old projects getting done.



BUT my sister in law has been busy!!! A few weeks ago she came by and we went for a walk with Norah. As we were walking down the street one of my neighbours was getting rid of an old piano bench that was in rough shape. Now I have a piano bench in the basement that I have wanted to make into extra seating but don't have room for it in this house right now so haven't done anything yet. I mentioned it to my sister in law and on her way home she picked up this 'beauty'.

Rough shape!!! So she sanded it down, primed it, painted it with some left over paint. Then found foam padding on sale for $2 and covered the seat with material that was also on sale.


And SHAZAM its beautifully transformed into this!!! PLUS it still acts as storage since it opens up. Doesn't it look amazing!!!!! Guster really loves it as you can see!


This makes me want to finish ours but alas we have no place to put it! Next house I will definitely do it! I'd love to put ours at the foot of our bed if we ever have a bedroom big enough to do so!!





No comments:

Post a Comment