Thursday, July 28, 2011

Pastel Pink and Green... EWWWWW

Yesterday as I was walking by our bathroom I had finally had enough! This 'wonderful' toilet paper holder was given to us by my mom when we bought the house. She bought it for the cottage as a joke/temporary solution to the 'where do we put the toilet paper'. It just happened that when she decided she hated it we bought a house that had the same problem... where do you put the toilet paper when you have a radiator right there and no wall!!! SO Ryan and I gladly took it thinking this would be a 'temporary' solution until we found something better. 3.5 years later its still there. I HATE IT!! I kept telling Ryan I wanted to do something about it but he would say 'oh its just fine' But then again Ryan is the one that said the kitchen was fine before we made it over only to realize after I made it over that it look SO much better now! You have got to LOVE the pale green and pink leaves and flowers on this baby!


I decided to spray paint it black because honestly it couldn't get any worse than it already was. Also the towel rack we have in the bathroom is black. My thoughts were if it looks worse I'll just pitch it and get something else.
So yesterday I took it out back and sprayed away! It was transformed into something much less grandmaish!


It looks SOOO much better!!!






I can't believe I didn't do this ages ago!!!!! And it only cost about $6 for the spray paint!! It always shocks me what a little spray paint can do!!


No comments:

Post a Comment