Thursday, September 20, 2012

Birthday Paint Party

This week I turned 29... ahhhh last year in my 20's!!  Well I took my birthday off work and being ... well me.. I decided instead of sitting back and relaxing on my day off I would be productive.  I pulled out all 7 of our dining room chairs, yes we have an uneven number.  Our dining room set was my Grand Omas and it came with 4 chairs. We randomly found another 3 at a an antique store by our cottage for $25 each!!!  So now was have 7 chairs. As previously mentioned in this post I have been debating whether to paint or stain the chairs.  I finally decided I wanted to paint them and I have an awesome plan for the table, details on that at a later date!!  I pulled out all of the dining room chairs took off the seat cushions and gave them a thorough cleaning!
 



Then I pulled out a foam brush and the can of Zinsser primer and got to work priming these babies with the best primer out there!! I LOVE that I didn't have to sand them down!!! 


It took forever and I decided to paint them I will definitely be spray painting them!  But I'm sooo happy the priming is done.  At about a half hour a chair it took me about 4 hours to finish these!!


And that is how I spent my birthday, most people think I'm crazy but it was the BEST day! I LOVE projects!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment